How do you put on leather chaps?
That is the 2nd most asked question after "How do I measure for chaps"?
We will take you step by step on how to put leather chaps on. If you are a first timer chaps wearer, this can be a difficult thing to figure out but once you got it, it will be so easy. So, let's get right to it!
- After taking out of the packaging, unzip and unsnap both legs of your chaps.
- Unbuckle the belt at the top of your chaps.
- First, put the belt on and buckle it around your waist. It can be a little loose to help you get the legs on then you can tighten the belt once you've got the legs done. (The buckle goes in front and if your chaps have grommets and lacing that part goes on the back).
- Start with one leg and note that the zipper and snaps belong on the outside of your leg. If you take the unzipped and unsnapped leg around through your inner thigh so that you have both zipper sides ready to meet on the outside of your leg.
- Bring the zipper pull all the way to the top of your leg and bring both sides together and close the zipper all the way down and close the snaps at the bottom
- Do the same thing with your other leg. Once you have both legs zipped and snapped close, you'll want to see if you need to cut any of the length at the bottom off.
- To make sure they fit correctly, you should be able to put your hand flat against the top of your thigh in between your jeans and chaps. Just barely fit it in and not be able to move it around. Like jeans, everyone has their personal preference of whether they like to wear tight chaps or have more breathing room.
- Sit down in a chair (like you would your motorcycle) and decide if your chaps are too long. Never measure them while standing because when you sit on your bike you will see that the chaps legs have ridden up a bit and once you cut off the bottom, there are no exchanges or returns. It's better for your chaps to be a bit too long than it is for them to be too short.
We hope this information has helped you, our valued customer. If you have not yet purchased any leather chaps, head on over to our How To Measure Leather Chaps page so you make sure you get the best fitting chaps possible and then head on over to our Men's Leather Motorcycle Chaps or our Women's Leather Motorcycle Chaps department for a huge selection of biker chaps with free shipping.
If you happen to like the pair of chaps you see to the left, you can see them at this link: Stampede Men's Leather Motorcycle Chaps.
Thank you for visiting Ghost Rider Leather. We, unlike the huge businesses online, appreciate every single one of our customers and do our best to make it a pleasant experience to buy from us from start to finish.